The best way to enjoy Disneyland® Resort is to be prepared. The following tips will clue you in to all sorts of important issues, including weather, attendance, parking, lines, and hours.
Make sure to check the weather in Anaheim, California before making your Disneyland® Resort plans. Here a few helpful hints:
- August is the warmest month
- January is the coldest month
- February is the rainiest month
- Early November offers the coolest weather
Attendance soars at Disneyland® Resort during the summer months. To avoid big crowds, come during the off-season:
- Between January 2 and the middle of February
- Between Easter and Memorial Day
- Between Labor Day and the end of September
Weekdays are not as busy as the weekends.
Avoid long lines at Disneyland® Resort rides by getting a FASTPASS. Your time in line will shrink from more than an hour to mere minutes. A free service that's included in the price of a ticket, the Disney FASTPASS® holds your place in line electronically, allowing you to enjoy more rides and more fun.
- Keep your entry ticket: a Disney FASTPASS® will not be issued without it.
- Pick up your Disney FASTPASS® early as popular rides stop issuing them when the line is full for the day.
- Each person is required to have their own Disney FASTPASS®
- Though the shape and color may differ on every ride, every FASTPASS attraction has a sign similar.
Fun Tips -
These tips will help make your day at Disneyland® Resort run as smoothly as possible.
- A good time to visit the shops on Main Street, U.S.A. is early in the day, even before the Park opens. To avoid carrying your souvenirs with you all day, check them and pick them at the booth up near the exit gate.
- Eat your meals prior to peak hours to avoid crowded restaurants.
- Since Disneyland® Princesses no longer walk around the Park, there are two places to meet them: The Princess Fantasy Faire (get there early to avoid long lines) and Ariel's Grotto on Paradise Pier at California Adventure™ (make your reservation by calling 714.781.3463).
When entering Disneyland® Resort, make sure to get in Lines 13, 20, or 21 as they move the fastest. As for attractions, lines usually are shorter earlier in the day, later in the day, or during the parade. Another way to go is to ask the cast member at the booth near the Adventureland entrance, where you'll find the current wait times posted.
Park Tips -
The following tips will help you maneuver around Disneyland® Resort much easier.
- If you need a stroller, they can be rented on the right side of the Disneyland® Resort gates by the kennels. Prices are $15.00 a day for one stroller and $25.00 for two.
- You can rent a wheelchair for $12.00 or Electric Convenience Vehicle (ECV) for $50.00. A refundable deposit of $20.00 is included. Tax is not included in prices. There is printable (PDF) guide for guests with disabilities.
- Disneyland® Park, Disney California Adventure™, and Downtown Disney® have ATMs.
- There are several designated smoking areas in Disneyland® Resort. They are New Orleans Square, Frontierland (near Big Thunder Mountain Railroad), Fantasyland (near the Matterhorn) and the Main Entrance outside both parks.
- First-timers to Disneyland® Resort can go to City Hall and get a free pin that says "First Visit."
You can save both time and money by parking your vehicle in the Anaheim Quality Inn & Suites lot. Guests who arrive before check-in time can walk to Disneyland® Resort and check-in later. In addition, the parking lot can be utilized on your departure date.
Disneyland® Hours -
To find out Disneyland® Resort hours, please visit www.disneylandresort.com or call 714.781.4565. Hours are subject to change without notice.